How do I change the name of my entity?

Changing the name of your entity requires filing an amendment with the states where you are registered. This requires a state filing, the requirements and fees of which vary state by state. Please note that changing your name within your filing state will not flow through to the IRS. You should talk to your accountant about how to notify the IRS of your updated business name. 

You can submit a name change to your state of formation by using the "Charter Amendment" workflow on Savvi (link below).

Savvi Technologies, Inc. is not an attorney or a law firm, and can only provide self-help services at your specific direction. Do not rely on any documents or information from Savvi without consulting an attorney. Savvi may partner with or refer clients to licensed attorneys, but such referral does not constitute an attorney-client relationship until the attorney is officially engaged by the client.